THE BLANK GENERATION

Trying hard to not keep up with the Joneses in 2005.

TBG on hiatus thru weekend

I'm heading to sunny (hopefully) Bloomington, Indiana tomorrow night to see Sweden's "15th sexiest man," so says he: Jens Lekman. I gotta say, I'm pumped! This will be my second trip to Bloomington in the past year. However, last time, I was there with M for a conference she was participating in, and I didn't really get much of a chance to explore the town. This time around, I'll be seeing Lekman at the Second Story, spending the night, and using Saturday to find my way to a few cool shops and an interesting eatery or two. (If all goes well, I'll avoid the two fine record shops that I dropped $100 at my last time through town. Remember, I'm still holding on ever so loosely to my Year Without Music.)

In the meantime, you can have your very own Jens Lekman concert in your study (or bedroom, or living room, or wherever your computer resides). Enjoy the following tracks taken from two of his EPs. As you listen up, feel free to revisit my ramblings on Lekman from September. If you like what you read/hear, be sure to pick up some of his goods. Parasol's got them all.


Isn't he adorable?

"A Sweet Summernight on Hammer Hill" (from You Are the Light EP)

"I Saw Her in the Anti-War Demonstration" (from You Are the Light EP)

"Sky Phenomenon" (from Maple Leaves EP)

"Black Cab" (from Maple Leaves EP)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

:
:
: