THE BLANK GENERATION

Trying hard to not keep up with the Joneses in 2005.

What I did over Xmas break

Well...sure enough I got stuck in the snow while driving to Pittsburgh. The Midwest (specifically Indiana and Ohio) got hit with a ton of it on the eve of the 22nd. I'll spare you the gory details and leave it at this: it took me two days and 14 hours of driving to do what normally takes me eight hours. And the radio stopped working for some unknown reason during part of the trip. And, the hood malfunctioned. Around Indy, I popped it to check the windshield washer fluid levels and couldn't get it to latch securely afterward, even after drenching the spring and latch in WD40. So, I had to secure the sucker with twine tied in an array of knots, and hope that the safety catch did the trick. (All of which didn't matter much because I rarely was able to get the car up over 45 miles-per-hour.)

But, the trip home was fun. 75 miles-per-hour never felt so fast! And the radio worked, keeping my ears happy thanks to my recently reloaded mp3 player.

Santa (in this case, we look a lot alike) brought this household a digital camera. Maybe you'll see more photos in 2005; maybe not. But, at least I'm now inching closer to 21st century life, what with my new fancy Dell computer and my handy Nikon camera.

In other news, my copy of The Gris Gris' self-titled debut finally arrived at Parasol, just in time for my long drive east. I love love love this album, and so I inserted it into my Top 30 list at No. 7.5 (which was easier than kicking something out, and renumbering the entire list). Read all about it below.

I'm mulling over some big changes in my life for the year 2005. I'm not normally one to get swept up in the New Year's resolution madness, but this year I feel that certain changes will be for the better...and certain changes will be a necessity. I'll post more on all of this in the coming days.

Enjoy your New Year's eve. I'll be in fabulous Canton, Illinois (pop. 14,000) belatedly celebrating Xmas with my family. M will be with me, and if there's an ounce of luck left in our 2004 cache we might make it to the bowling alley bar by midnight.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Ah yes, the infamous bowling alley bar! Was it only last year that we took on this fine establishment? It must have been....

Memories of Dimmu Borgir and Justin Timberlake dancin' in me head, man.

By Blogger Jonathan Wright, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11:36 AM

Ah yes, the infamous bowling alley bar! Was it only last year that we took on this fine establishment? It must have been....

Memories of Dimmu Borgir and Justin Timberlake dancin' in me head, man.    



:
:
: