THE BLANK GENERATION

Trying hard to not keep up with the Joneses in 2005.

Questions: answers?

As I near the start of month two of my "Year Without Music," I'm beginning to feel it all slip away. I sold another two records on eBay this week, a copy of CocoRosie's recent and a Xiu Xiu album. That netted me $17, of which I recently spent $9 on the new Black Mountain album. Having heard the whole record now, it's safe to say that I now believe the hype. It's quite good, and very diverse, too. I'll write more on it later.

So far, the damage for this year has been five albums in less than a month. Yes, I've only spent $11 of actual paycheck money; the dollars for the remaining four records came from eBay ventures. However, five albums in one month is more than I envisioned ever buying in any given month this year. The fact that I haven't cut myself off from my usual media routine has meant that I'm still finding lots of records that I wish I owned. That's led me to sell records, which is something I didn't really think I'd do that much of. All said, I've still got a stack of 12 albums that I'd like to sell, but honestly I don't think I'll find any takers. Four of them I couldn't get any bites on via eBay. So, maybe the well has dried up in that regard. Or, maybe I'll just dig deeper into my collection.

As for February, I know I want to get the Dead Meadow record, and M. Ward is also on my list. I still have eBay money left over ($8 and change) to buy the second album, but that only sends me down the throat of consumerism for the second month in a row. I'm weak, help!

Not to change the subject, but I've got a question to pose for you, the loyal reader. Who knows anything about mp3 hosting and would care to recommend a provider/site to look into. I'm looking for a small amount of space so that over the course of a month I can post 10-20 mp3s to my site (and later replace them with others). I'm not hoping to spend more than $10-15 per month to do so. Anyone have a suggestion? Bueller? Bueller?

Post something to the comments section or e-mail me (see my profile). Thanks in advance.

N/P—Jens Lekman, "A Higher Power"

1 Comments:

Slip slip slipping away......

Ha, I love it!

Glad you dug the Black Mtn.

I've done some research on hosting, but not enuff. You'll probably have to do some on yr own. If you were to ask 20 people bout it, you'd probably get 20 diff. answers.

By Blogger Jonathan Wright, at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1:04 PM

Slip slip slipping away......

Ha, I love it!

Glad you dug the Black Mtn.

I've done some research on hosting, but not enuff. You'll probably have to do some on yr own. If you were to ask 20 people bout it, you'd probably get 20 diff. answers.    



:
:
: