THE BLANK GENERATION

Trying hard to not keep up with the Joneses in 2005.

Motorcycle Diaries, Version 2.0

Motorcycle Diaries, the film about Che Guevara's life-altering trip around South America, was an exhilarating slice of cinema and comes highly recommended. But, there's a different Motorcycle Diary that's peaked my interest lately. One involving Ewan McGregor, of all people.

Have you heard about the six-episode Bravo TV series, Long Way Round? It features McGregor and fellow actor Charley Boorman in a similarly-themed motorcycle jaunt from London east through Europe and Russia and Canada all the way to NYC. 20,000 miles in three-plus months. Sounds fascinating, and early reports are that the series is quite interesting (and often humorous). It's already available as a DVD in the UK, but not here in the States. I've missed Bravo's early screenings of it, but I'm on the lookout now.

There's an urge in most of us, I'd wager, to hop in a car and drive until we're in a land of unknowns. But, since most of us have a limited capacity to do so despite being "Born to Run," we'll have to settle with living vicariously through others. If you've seen the McGregor series, leave me a message and let me know whether you thought it was worth viewing.


N/P—iTunes radio: WFMU

1 Comments:

Hi: I am agree with you. The film is goog but diferent.

By Blogger Administrador, at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10:12 AM

Hi: I am agree with you. The film is goog but diferent.    



:
:
: