THE BLANK GENERATION

Trying hard to not keep up with the Joneses in 2005.

Notes from vacation

Downing adult beverages until 4 a.m. is apparently just not something I should be doing any more. (If I listen to my body, that is.) I can't remember the last time I slept in till one in the afternoon. The scary thing is, I probably could have slept longer seeing as I was napping again just three hours later. But damn, The Blackouts and The Situation were great last night. The former's new material, of which I now have a demo copy of, is simply spectacular. Even more complex (now with vocal treatments) and darker and more psychedelic too! The later is really beginning to come into their own. Luke is becoming more confident as a frontman and his guitar playing and arranging has also been elevated since the band's lineup shift. I picked up their EP, but haven't listened to it just yet.

Today may be about recuperation, but tomorrow is reserved for more splurging. I'll be seeing Ms. Joanna Newsom tomorrow eve in Chicago. She's opening for the Incredible String Band at Logan Square Auditorium. If you still haven't purchased her delightfully quirky debut album, The Milk-Eyed Mender, I gotta question your priorities. Get with the program! Words to be posted post-concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

:
:
: